Security on Facebook
1. Know how to spot a scam
If an offer looks too good to be true, it probably is. Think twice before you click on a link for free airline tickets or other common scams.
2. Choose a one-of-a-kind password
Is your Facebook password different than your email password? If not, please reset your password today.
3. Confirm your mobile number
If you forget your password, we’ll be able to text you a new one. To make sure we can reach you, confirm your mobile number.
Here are 6 things you can do to help keep your account safe:
- Protect your password:
- Don’t use your Facebook password anywhere else online.
2. Never share your password. You should be the only one who knows it.
3. Avoid including your name or common words. Your password should be difficult to guess.
4. Use our extra security features.
5. Make sure your email account(s) are secure.
6. Log out of Facebook when you use a computer you share with other people.
If you forget, you can log out remotely.
7. Run anti-virus software on your computer:
b.For Mac OS
8. Think before you click or download anything.
a. Extra Security Features
b. Where You’re Logged In
How can I manage where I’m logged into Facebook?
The Where You’re Logged In section of your Security Settings page shows you a list of browsers and devices that have been used to log in to your account recently. Each entry includes the date, time, and approximate location when signing in, as well as the type of device used to access your account. You’ll also see the option to End the Activity and log yourself out on that computer, phone, or tablet.
Note: The location you see is based on the IP address used to access your account. If you want to know the specific IP information of a login, simply hover your mouse over that session’s location data.
For more information on how to use this feature, check out this Facebook Security note.
What does it mean if I don’t recognize a location in the Where You’re Logged In section of my account?
If you see a location that you don’t recognize, first check to see if this session is connected to your mobile device. Often, when signing in through a mobile device, you’re routed through an IP address that doesn’t actually reflect your physical location.
If you don’t recognize a location and it’s not connected to a mobile login, it could be because:
- We have inaccurate information: We can only provide an approximate location so our information will be wrong sometimes.
- You forgot to log off: If you think you’ve left yourself logged in on someone else’s device, click the End Activity link to the right of that session info to log yourself out.
- Someone else has access to your Facebook account: If you think someone else is logged into your account, end the suspicious session by clicking End Activity (or Removeon mobile) next to the session info. After you end the session, change your password to secure your Facebook account.
How do I log out of Facebook on another computer, phone, or tablet?
To log out of Facebook on another computer, phone or tablet:
- Click in the top right of your Facebook homepage and select Settings
- Click Security from the left column
- Click Where You’re Logged In
- Find the session you want to end and click End Activity
Clicking End Activity will immediately log you off of Facebook on that computer, phone or tablet
We Provide Services In the Following Cities
Ethical Haker in Ludhiana
Ethical Hacking Services in Amritsar
Ethical Hacking Services in Mumbai
Ethical Hacking Services in Delhi
Ethical Hacking Services in Gujarat
Ethical Hacking Services in Chandigarh